Fota Scout Centre offers the following key activities.
There is unlimited free access to all of these activities during your stay at Fota. In addition, the Activity Store also contains games material (footballs, hurleys, frisbees, giant chess & checkers) and various items to build your own custom designed assault course (ropes ladders, nets, tyres etc) and team building games. Please note that as the Centre is an unmanned site we do not provide staff to run events / activities for you, these are expected to be leader driven by the visiting group.
On the island the following activities are available (separate from the Centre)
- Fota House, Arboretum & Gardens - The Irish Heritage Trust historical property at Fota, access to the arboretum and gardens is free of charge.
- Fota Island Adventure - based in Fota Resort, the company offers scout / guide themed activity-based programme. You can view their brochure by clicking here
- Wild Life Park
- Fota Wildlife Park offers educational courses for Scout & Guide Groups. Bookings should be made to the Educational Dept. of Fota Wildlife Park (main # 021-4812678, email email@example.com).
In Cobh there is the 'Queenstown Story', swimming pool (Coral Leisure Centre), visits to the Naval Base can be arranged through the Scout Centre (subject to Naval activities), cruise liners also visit Cobh on a regular basis.
In Cork there are numerous activities some of which are listed below:
- Blackrock Castle & Observatory
- Lifetime Lab
- St Fin Barr's Cathedral
- The Old City Gaol
- Mardyke Sports Area (climbing wall and swimming pool)
Please see the Links page for more details.